Upwards ‘reach’ in telehandler sales

  • Sales of telehandler over recent years have been creeping up to a point where telehandlers now account for an estimated one-third of total tractor sales

According to one major player in the telehandler field, Merlo distributor in Ireland, McHale Plant Sales, telehandler sales have been growing year-on-year, with current volumes standing at circa 600 units per annum.

According to their sales director, Denis McGrath: “of the total, approximately 70% is accounted for by the farming and agricultural contractors’ sector, with the remaining 30% going to construction.”

“Within that broad breakdown, sales to industry and manufacturing, and to specialist feed and farm products producers, are included” McGrath added.

Related news:

Grantham based RC Setchfield joins Merlo UK dealer network